We developed an automated cloud flow in Power Automate where users can request a purchase order by filling out a SharePoint form. The form contains the following columns:
- Employee ID (Default Title column)
- Employee Name (Person column)
- Employee Gender, Employee Role, and Employee Department (Choice columns)
- Product Name and Product Price (Lookup Columns)
- Product Quantity and Total Cost (Number type)
- Product Color and Approval Status (Choice type columns)
- Product Date (Date and Time type)
Once the purchase order request is initiated, it will create and send an approval request to the respective TeamLead. If TeamLead approves the request, the flow will proceed forward to check whether the total purchase cost is more than $10k or not; Otherwise, the flow will stop there.
Similarly, if the purchase cost is less than $10k, then it will again create an approval request for the Financial Team directly; if the cost is more than $10k, then the approval will send to Manager. If the Manager approves the request; again it will create another request for approbation from Financial Team.
Here, the Financial Team must need to respond the approval request; otherwise, the request will be auto-approved and at each step of the flow, the requestor gets notified via Email.
Download the Power Automate Flow Solution to create a Multilevel Approvals for Digital Purchase Order.