We have created a flow using Power Automate, where users can request a SharePoint site by filling out a form. Users will fill out a SharePoint list form by adding the below details:
- Site Title (Single line of text)
- Site Owner (Person)
- Alias (Single line of text)
- Site URL (Hyperlink)
- Site description (Multi-line of text)
- Site member (Person)
- Max Storage (Number)
- Max storage warning limit (Number)
Once the request is received, the first thing the flow will check is the site storage, if a user requested more than 50GB of storage, then it will go for approval to a concerned approver.
Else it will create a SharePoint site and send an email to the Site Owners with the Site Details.
Currently, the flow supports 3 types of sites:
- SharePoint Online communication site
- SharePoint Online Team site (Office 365/Microsoft 365 Group connected)
- SharePoint Online Team site (Without Office 365/Microsoft 365 Group connected)
Download the flow and try it out by yourself.
Download Power Automate Flow Solution to create SharePoint Online site automatically